What does the "X" after a homeopathic ingredient mean?
- The "X" refers to the level of concentration or dilution of the basic medicinal substance which was used to make the finished product. A basic medicinal substance may be a "Mother Tincture" of a plant or animal or the mineral itself.
- 1X means the dilution contains 1 part basic medicinal substance combined with 9 parts of diluent
- 2X means the dilution contains 1 part of a 1X tincture with 9 parts diluent. So a 2X dilution is 1 part
basic medicinal substance and 99 parts diluent or a 1 % extract, as shown below:
- 1X: 1 part in 10 or 10%
- 2X: 1 part in 100 or 1%
- 3X: 1 part in 1,000 or 0.1%
- 4X: 1 part in 10,000 or 0.01%
- ... and so on.
What does the "MT" after a homeopathic ingredient mean?
- "MT" means "Mother Tincture" (described above). Most Mother Tinctures are a 10% extract of the pure plant or animal and generally are designated as a 1X potency.
- "MT(N)" means that the Mother Tincture for this ingredient in the product contains a 33% extract of the pure plant.
- "MT(M)" means that the Mother Tincture for this ingredient in the product contains a 50% extract of the pure plant.
For more information on homeopathic drugs, please see the following link:
Heel Inc. has been acquired by MediNatura. As such, Heel Inc. no longer exists. However, MediNatura offers homeopathic remedies which treat similar health problems. See MediNatura.com for more product information.